- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor to join the London Building Consultancy Team of BNP Paribas Real Estate. Due to a steady increase in opportunities and workload, we are seeking to strengthen our team with a surveyor who has either recently qualified or who is reaching the stage where they are ready to take their APC.
The team is well established and highly respected in the market place, with an enviable client base and a broad portfolio of instructions. You can expect to be busy from day-one, working within an experienced team, predominantly undertaking professional services for our investor and occupier clients. The role offers real variety and career development, with continual training being embedded in the team philosophy. The team works across a range of property sectors and the role will cover the south east, with the potential to become involved in a wider range of services both nationally and, in time, internationally.
You will be involved with a range of work including technical due diligence surveys, dilapidations, building pathology, planned preventative maintenance, neighbourly matters, licences to alter and specifying and administering refurbishment projects. Through the role, you will gain an all-round appreciation of commercial building surveying with the opportunity to progress your career to the next level.
From the outset there will be a high level of client contact and the opportunity to build strong networks throughout the national business. The role requires the candidate to be self-motivated, responsible for managing their own workload and able to work within multi-disciplinary teams delivering integrated services to clients.
By being part of BNP Paribas Real Estate, you will be joining a company that has global reach and offers class leading employee benefits.
Roles and responsibilities
The Building Consultancy team undertakes a wide range of professional and project services, and we are looking for someone who wants to take the next step in developing their career.
Key responsibilities of the role include
- Working as part of a local and national team for the delivery of instructions.
- Supporting instructions, from inception through to completion, reporting to directors of the business.
- Responsible for managing your own workload on a day-to-day and longer term basis.
- Undertaking technical due diligence instructions with senior members of the team, working with internal and external specialist consultants.
- Carrying out design and contract administration duties principally for refurbishment, repair, and maintenance projects.
- Undertaking dilapidations instructions, acting for both landlords and tenants, covering assessments, schedule preparation and negotiation.
- Supporting the appraisal and monitoring of new developments for owners, occupiers, and funders.
- Undertaking reinstatement cost assessments.
- Preparing planned preventative maintenance schedules.
- Reviewing and approving tenant’s licences for alterations.
- Providing technical building pathology advice.
- Advising on neighbourly matters.
As well as the technical requirements of the role, you will support business development activities. You will be expected to support client relationships, often at a senior level, and work within the department to build and maintain new business opportunities.
You will be required to:
- Work within clearly defined, well established processes.
- Proactively solve problems and find solutions, consulting with more experienced colleagues on more difficult or unfamiliar situations.
- Produce high quality written work.
- Work within BNPPRE’s quality management processes and procedures.
You will possess strong inter-personal skills, be sociable and prepared to proactively work within a busy, friendly and highly professional team. You will support and work with colleagues at all levels, have strong IT, time management and communication skills, have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, be accurate in your work and have an eye for detail.
- Degree in Building Surveying
- MRICS qualified, or nearing qualification
The candidate should possess a full, clean driving licence.