BNP Paribas’ UK Charity Partner programme 2014-2016
With a presence in 75 countries, including all the main international financial markets, BNP Paribas can boast one of the most extensive global banking networks. As a participant in the local economies of the countries in which it operates, part of its role consists of engaging in philanthropy and helping to develop communities, while respecting their values and culture. In the UK, the bank demonstrates this civic responsibility through its UK Community and Charity programme and the UK Charity Partner programme.
The bank is currently accepting applications for a new UK Charity Partner. Money raised through the efforts of employees will directly benefit one organisation over a two year period. The relationship will begin in December 2014 and will involve a series of bespoke and general fundraising/volunteering activities. The UK Charity Partner programme is launched with BNP Paribas’ annual Christmas Raffle, one of the largest fundraising initiatives of the partnership. The partnership will end on 30 November 2016.
Apply to be BNP Paribas’ UK Charity Partner
- Read the Charity Partner Selection Process
- Read our Scoring Criteria
- Apply through our online application form
Focus on Local Communities
BNP Paribas’ UK Community and Charity Programme participates in a range of educational, environmental and community regeneration schemes to support local disadvantaged neighbourhoods, notably in North West London. BNP Paribas partners with charities to deliver this support, including:
- Vital Regeneration – a charity working to transform London’s deprived neighbourhoods through social, environmental and economic programmes
- Royal Parks Foundation – a charity responsible for fundraising for London’s Royal Parks that are areas of significant ecological importance for the capital
- Will to Win – an organisation that delivers children’s tennis coaching in London to those who would not normally have access to the sport
- Westminster Education Business Partnerships - an organisation that brokers relationships between Westminster’s businesses and schools.
Additionally, the BNP Paribas Foundation is providing three years’ funding to ‘Rise Up’, a programme that helps students at risk of dropping out of the education system.
Big Tick endorsement for Rise Up programme
Through the Rise up programme BNP Paribas improves staff engagement through employee volunteers coaching young people who are at risk of disengagement from education or unemployment.
The Rise Up programme received a ‘Big Tick’ in the Education category, recognising that BNP Paribas are making a positive difference in their local community and raising the aspirations of young people to enable them to build successful working lives.
Winning a Big Tick means that BNP Paribas is one of the best examples of a UK business making a positive difference in their local community.
BNP Paribas manages a ‘UK Charity Partner’ programme enabling employees to vote for a charity of their choice. The NSPCC is the current UK partner.
The bank’s UK subsidiaries also run a number of other charitable initiatives including conservation projects in the City (BNP Paribas Real Estate UK) and supporting the homeless (BNP Paribas Securities Services).
An Active Supporter of the Arts
BNP Paribas is a committed supporter of the arts in the UK and has sponsored four major exhibitions between 2009-2012, culminating in the sponsorship of “David Hockney RA: A Bigger Picture” (21 January – 9 April 2012), which has been one of the most successful exhibitions ever staged at the Royal Academy of Arts.
- David Hockney RA: A Bigger Picture - Royal Academy of Arts, 21 January – 9 April 2012
- Women Changing India - The Saatchi Gallery - a photographic exhibition to celebrate BNP Paribas’ 150 years in India at The Saatchi Gallery, 15-29 September 2010
- Miro, Calder, Giacometti, Braque: Aime Maeght and his Artists - The Royal Academy of Arts, 4 October 2008 – 2 January 2009
- Wild Thing: Epstein, Gaudier-Brzeska, Gill - The Royal Academy of Arts,
24 October 2009 – 24 January 2010
BNP Paribas, an active corporate patron the world over
Through its various foundations and thanks to the involvement of its employees, BNP Paribas supports numerous projects in the areas of culture, solidarity, education, health and the environment.
BNP Paribas Corporate Philanthropy ensures the overall coherence and effectiveness of the sponsorship programs that the bank conducts around the world. This policy is managed by the BNP Paribas Foundation, an active patron since 1984.