Tribe Scrum Master – Vice President
- Standard / Permanent
- PROJECT & TRANSFORMATION MANAGEMENT
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
A transversal part of the Group Risk Management Function, the RISK Global Services teams consists of:
- RISK Systems & CPM;
- RISK Artificial Intelligence Research (RISK AIR);
- RISK Strategic Project Liaison (RISK SPL); and
- RISK Transformation & Performance (RISK T&P).
RISK Global Services aims to transversally develop optimized resources, platforms and common services that will add value for all of RISK, optimising the means of the Function. RISK Global Services teams will work in close collaboration with the RISK Poles, the RISK Global Framework teams and the RISK Global Practices, providing them with all the necessary coordination and transversality to maximize the risk management activities for the Bank. This includes steering the development of the RISK information systems as well as topics related to data management and usage.
Purpose & Scope of role
- We are looking for a Tribe Scrum Master with strong Agile mindset who showcases servant leadership and coaching when operating an Agile Release Train (ART).
- The ideal candidate would have solid experience in scaling Lean and Agile practices and would understand the challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a large development programme.
- We are looking for someone to interact with various levels of the organisation, facilitate ART events and processes, assist the teams in delivering value, and handle ART level budget. Would work with Product Management and Solution Architects to ensure strategy and execution stay aligned and work closely with any additional department setup like Agile Delivery or Release Management Office.
- The Tribe Scrum Master must have a continuous improvement mindset, promote a culture of change and foster collaboration in a diverse and multi-location ART formed less than 2 years ago. The individual will also be working with various Community of Practices such as S.M., P.O., DevOps and Architect.
- The Tribe Scrum Master must possess a refined and broad understanding of how Agile and SAFE delivers value to the organisation, act as servant leader with a ‘can do’ attitude, be able to work under own initiative, in a challenging but highly rewarding environment.
- This role is London based, with Global Teams involved in the ceremonies.
Key Responsibilities of role
The Tribe Scrum Master will be responsible for:
- Managing and optimising flow of value through the Agile Release Train using appropriate tools.
- Communicating and establishing the annual calendars for Program Increments (PI)s and iterations.
- Facilitating PI planning events.
- Summarising team PIs into Program PI Objectives. And, publish them for transparency and visibility.
- Assisting in tracking capabilities and execution of features.
- Guidance in economical decision making.
- Coaching leaders, scrum masters and teams in Lean-Agile mindsets and practices.
- Helping dependencies and risk management.
- Escalating and tracking impediments.
- Offering inputs on resourcing to address crucial bottlenecks.
- Encouraging culture of collaboration between teams.
- Working with Product Owners, Product & Solution Management, and stakeholders for ensuring strategy and execution alignments.
- Improving the flow of value through value streams by assessing and improving the practices related to DevOps.
- Continuous improvements in the ART
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
This role is for an experienced Tribe Scrum Master with relevant experience and a proven track record including the following aspects:
- Strong Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Must be Courageous to say “No” to avoid over-committing on the ART
- Business expertise & Stakeholder Mgmt.
- Practice Cross Team communication
- Ability to deal fairly with everyone
- Possess strong facilitation and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills & Leadership behaviours
- Coach and a Teacher open to providing guidance on processes and approaches
- Agile Budgeting and meaningful Metrics tracking
- Strong influencer in adoption of Agile practices, with a wide range of styles, having ability to build good working relationships with clients, suppliers and internal teams
- Must be a people person with passion for developing teams and people
- Technical knowledge and ability to consult and support implementation of agile tools such as JIRA/Confluence to drive transparency and accountability across organisation including relevant metrics to show progress and improvements
- Experience and deep understanding of software development lifecycle and processes
- Experience in client-facing projects
- Relevant university degree or professional qualification is required
- Investment banking background required, ideally in a Risk Management department or similar.
- RTE Certification