Strutt & Parker – Forestry Manager, South England
- Standard / Permanent
- GB-ENG-East Sussex
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Forestry Manager – South England
The role will involve working as part of a small, dedicated team managing and developing the forestry management portfolio of estate and forestry clients on a wide range of projects tailored to client needs. The role also includes building sound client relationships and developing new instructions to meet with business objectives.
We are flexible in terms of where this role can be based but ideally in one of our Southern offices.
- Provide strategic advice to clients, utilising business, industry and market information
- Looking for opportunities to maximise client asset potential through areas such as timber marketing, natural capital and accessing relevant grant schemes
- Meeting client needs within a specified timeframe
- Managing and applying for grant support
- Managing forestry operations on behalf of the client to the agreed budget and industry standard for safety and environmental standards
- Working closely with colleagues, ensuring implementation of the Company’s forestry business strategy and working to meet agreed budgets and targets
- Be available to cover client estates within the South East of England, with some support to the wider Strutt &Parker offices throughout England
- Seek out new opportunities with existing and new clients
- Provide clients with sound, independent and unbiased professional advice
- Manage forestry operations acting on behalf of the landowner and their interests
- Secure forestry grant funding for client projects
- Secure felling approval for client timber through the preparation of felling licences or forest plans
- Market client timber and supervise delivery on behalf of the landowner
- Develop woodland creation projects from feasibility study to implementation
- Produce client budgets as required
- Cost control of forest operations
- Ensure compliance with the United Kingdom Forestry Standard, FISA guidance and all environmental and wildlife protection legislation
- Proficient with the use of GIS mapping systems
- Possess an understanding of Natural Capital opportunities
- Possess a sound understanding of the forestry regulatory and grant systems
- Possess a composed manner in order to be able to work under pressure
- Good time management and ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – must be capable of building and maintaining good relationships with team members, contractors, regulatory bodies and clients.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or working towards.
- Full driving licence.
- Strong commercial acumen and operational experience, including timber harvesting, new planting and restocking
- An ability to produce cash flow budgets and, ideally, have a proven track record in client management and working to deadlines
- A sound understanding and interest in silvicultural management and woodland habitat management principles
- A good knowledge of UKFS Standard and forest certification
- A good understanding and experience of woodland grant availability and requirements
- A good understanding and experience of timber markets and woodland products, including managing contractors and H&S of forestry operations
- Have a good understanding of pest and diseases effecting woodlands
- Be proficient in understanding and managing European Protected Species
- Good understanding of deer related problems associated with woodlands
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance at 8 x basic salary
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Private GP Service
- Group Income Protection
- Eye Care Voucher
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.