Senior Data Specialist, Fund Accounting – VP (FTC until 31/01/2025)
- Fixed Term Contract
- OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Fixed term role until 31/01/25
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and a key player in international banking. We operate in 65 countries and employ 190,000 people, including nearly 145,000 in Europe. Our Group holds key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services; Investment & Protection Services; and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) for corporate and institutional clients.
Our Securities Services business, which forms part of CIB, is a leading global custodian providing specialist post-trade and asset servicing solutions to buy and sell-side market participants, corporates and issuers. Based in 35 locations around the world, our award-winning Securities Services teams have built one of the most extensive custody network in the industry, giving clients the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-changing world.
The Fund Accounting Department is comprised of several different functions responsible for Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) Production, Taxation and Statutory and Financial Statements reporting services for a range of fund types including UK Open ended Investment Companies, Unit Trusts, UK administered Luxembourg SICAVs, Investment Trusts, and Life & Pension funds.
The Fund Accounting team within the UK Fund Services department act as the guardians of all UK Open Ended Fund Accounting, Investment Trust Accounting, and Investment Accounting. The team are responsible for the NAV control framework to ensure timeliness and accuracy of external NAV service delivery to all UK clients as well as valuation and reporting services for Pension, Insurance and Sovereign Wealth Clients. A further key output from the Fund Accounting team is validated fund trial balance data to ensure smooth transition to the financial reporting production process and provision of data to external auditors & trustees.
Data management is the development, execution and supervision of plans, policies, programs, and practices that deliver, control, protect and enhance the value of data and information for both internal and external use.
The Senior Data Specialist role will drive all ‘Data’ initiatives across the UK Fund Accounting arena, contributing, and aligning with the overriding objective of Securities Services becoming a ‘Data Centric’ organisation.
The role will require management of Stakeholders at Senior levels across the business both locally and globally with strong capabilities evidenced in effective planning and deployment of change initiatives. Management of medium size programs of work for Data initiatives within UK Fund Accounting will be a common requirement of the role, the individual will also be expected to play a key role representing the UK on wider transversal projects within the Data space.
Senior client engagement will be a regular requirement within the role, where the appointed person will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in data to support client delivery evolution.
Client Service Quality & Control
· Key interface role for our core clients on data topics in line with UK responsibilities
· Monitor service levels provided by the teams ensuring these are adhering to the client service delivery agreements surrounding data provision
· Identification of potential areas for service growth using new data solutions
· Evolve use of Hobart to drive client satisfaction in relation to query management and use learnings to drive improvements across wider UK/Global business in line with global strategy for this platform
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
· In partnership with the UK Fund Services leadership team, develop, maintain, and manage strategic plans to increase fund accounting efficiency and improve the fund accounting client experience
· Drive the digital transformation of Fund Accounting teams within UK Services and leverage agile methodology where possible
· Build roadmap defining key areas of focus within ‘Data’ arena for UK FA – created via collaboration with Operational Peers and Global FA stakeholders
· Implementation of ongoing tracking/monitoring of plans, ensuring benefit realisation is clear and agreed and successes communicated/celebrated
· Perform interaction role between operational areas and IT/digital suppliers providing a platform to share new solutions and technology to support data simplification/improvement
· Encourage a dynamic idea generating environment for the teams where ideas are fostered, utilising WINS to record, progress and implement with support
· Explore opportunities to leverage Artificial Intelligence and seek awareness of industry activity/solutions on this topic
· Ambassador for operational teams with objective of enhancing control framework via provision of accurate/timely and ‘good’ data (including simplification and automation of Birdie data)
· Remain suitably close to day-to-day activities within UK Fund Accounting to ensure emerging data themes can be addressed (stay relevant)
· Work closely with all Fund Accounting stakeholders to ensure all change events/projects impacting fund accounting are documented, inclusive of benefits and outcomes
· Monitor and manage unit cost and capacity drivers across the department and leverage global teams to absorb growth
· Benchmark productivity with Global Fund Accounting teams
· Degree qualification in relevant subject (accounting or finance related) or equivalent experience
· Fund accounting IOC or equivalent qualifications
· Awareness of data tools used within the Financial Services industry such as Power BI (or equivalent)
· Strong risk management awareness & background of driving innovation and delivering change
· Ability to influence and motivate a large team and balance directive and supportive leadership styles
· Demonstrate sound business knowledge and judgement
· Effective communicator and ability to articulate complex issues effectively to senior management
· Stakeholder management skills and client management experience
· Industry knowledge and understanding of Fund Accounting services and associated ‘Data Usage’
· Project management and/or business transformation experience
· Experience in the use of digital fund accounting solutions
· Offshoring experience
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Offers you may be interested in