Senior Building Surveyor
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The opportunity has arisen for a Senior Building Surveyor to join the London Building Consultancy Team of BNP Paribas Real Estate. Due to a steady increase in opportunities and workload, we are seeking to strengthen our team with a senior surveyor who has reached the stage where they are ready to take on fresh challenges, greater responsibility and progress their career to the next stage.
The team is well established and highly respected in the market place, with an enviable client base and a broad portfolio of instructions. Working within an experienced team, undertaking professional services for our investor and occupier clients, the role offers real variety and career development, with continual training being embedded in the team philosophy. The team works across a range of property sectors and the role will cover the south east, with the potential to become involved in a wider range of services both nationally and, in time, internationally.
Whilst you will be involved in delivering a range of professional and project work, there is the opportunity to focus your work to suit your career aspirations.
From the outset there will be a high level of client contact and the opportunity to build strong networks throughout the national business. The role requires the candidate to be self-motivated, responsible for managing their own workload and able to work within multi-disciplinary teams delivering professional, integrated services to clients.
By being part of BNP Paribas Real Estate, you will be joining a company that has global reach and offers class leading employee benefits.
Roles and responsibilities
The Building Surveying team undertakes a wide range of professional and project services, and we are looking for someone who wants to develop their career by undertaking a wide range of core building surveying work.
- Taking and being responsible for instructions, from inception through to completion, reporting to a director.
- Working as part of a local and national team for the delivery of instructions.
- Responsible for managing your own workload on a day-to-day and longer term basis.
- Responsible for managing the work of direct reports when undertaking specific instructions;
- Undertaking technical due diligence instructions, working with internal and external specialist consultants.
- Carrying out design and contract administration duties, principally for general repair, maintenance, and Cat A office refurbishment projects.
- Undertaking dilapidations instructions, acting for both landlords and tenants, covering assessments, schedule preparation and negotiation.
- Appraising and monitoring new developments for owners, occupiers, and funders.
- Undertaking reinstatement cost assessments.
- Preparing planned preventative maintenance schedules.
- Reviewing and approving tenant’s licences for alterations.
- Providing technical building pathology advice.
- Advising on neighbourly matters.
As well as the technical requirements of the role, you will become involved with business development activities. You will support and manage client relationships, often at a senior level, and work within the department and wider business to identify, build and maintain new and existing business opportunities.
You will be required to:
- Work within clearly defined, well established processes.
- Proactively solve problems and find solutions, consulting with more experienced colleagues on more difficult or unfamiliar situations.
- Possess analytical skills and produce high quality professional advice and written work.
- Work within BNPPRE’s quality management processes and procedures.
The role will be based in our head office next to Marylebone Station, which offers on-site café, restaurant, and gym facilities; the team works in a flexible, hybrid manner.
- Degree in Building Surveying
- MRICS qualified
The candidate should possess a full, clean driving licence.