Scotland – Apprenticeship Programme 2024 – Digital Technology
- Not applicable
Do you want to be part of the change? Then you’re in the right place. Our ambition is to build a sustainable future for our clients and our teams … but we can’t do that without you!
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a global provider of financial solutions to corporate and institutional clients. With more than 20.000 people in 57 countries across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia-Pacific and the Americas, we offer solutions tailored to all our clients across capital markets, financing, treasury and financial advisory.
We are “the bank for a changing world” and recently won the award for being the world’s best bank for sustainable finance. To play our part in accelerating the transition to a more sustainable energy by 2030, we’ve place the United Nations Sustainable Goals (SDG) at the heart of our business model. They impact the companies we do business with, the projects we finance and the people we invest in. We’re proud to be playing a leading role in guiding our clients towards responsible growth, and a lower-carbon economy, by co-creating financial solutions that align their business strategy with the SDG. We need more change agents – so join us today to help us with our mission!
At BNP Paribas, we see value in diversity, equal opportunity, and the quality of our lives together. That’s why the Group works daily with all its stakeholders to create an environment that is respectful of everyone, based on equality, and where fighting discrimination represents a primary goal.
Who will I be working with?
You will be working in either our Fund Accounting team, or our Middle Office department for Securities Services as a Digital Technology Apprentice, specialising in data analytics.
- The Fund Accounting team within the UK Fund Services department act as the guardians of all UK Open Ended Fund Accounting, Investment Trust Accounting and Investment Accounting. The team are responsible for the NAV control framework to ensure timeliness and accuracy of external NAV service delivery to all UK clients as well as valuation and reporting services for Pension, Insurance and Sovereign Wealth Clients. A further key output from the Fund Accounting team is validated fund trial balance data to ensure smooth transition to the financial reporting production process and provision of data to external auditors & trustees.
- The Middle Office department’s core function is to provide administration activities which support our clients start of day position, trading activity and corporate actions in the market. A key aspect of the role is to ensure that all trades and corporate actions are reflected correctly for accounting purposes as well as manage third party broker and custodian relationships.
What will I be doing?
This role works within the operational and administrative side of the business which will require you to perform complex and specialised tasks and become fluent in the Bank’s systems and processes. Such duties can include:
- supporting the provision of data and analytical information across all aspects of client delivery including:
- Client Service
- Process Change
- Controls and Governance
- Third party relationship management assisting in digitalisation across our operations to improve the end-to-end data strategy and aid decision making
- documenting control information and compile evidence that demonstrates adherence to our control environment for external and internal audit purposes
- producing Management Information reports and presentations which will assist with key decision making and stakeholder management
- improving how we use data by exploring new ways of working - own and manage changes to completion
- driving a data centric culture by seeking industry wide intelligence on topics such as Big Data, Digitalisation and AI.
What skills and qualifications are required for the role?
- Scottish National 5 Maths and English grade A-C or equivalent
- Scottish Highers, which are due to be completed in 2024 OR completed in 2023
- Proficient in Windows/MS office and using messaging tools
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An interest in using a variety of technology tools
- A team player who is able to be flexible and respond quickly and proactively to changing needs and demands
Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Duration: 18 months
Salary: £25,000 p.a. + award winning flexible benefits
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship role, please email us at BNPPApprenticeships@weareams.com