RCA Analyst – User Services DEC – Associate
- Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
RISK is globally accountable for the definition of official risk policies, guidelines and procedures, as well as the quantification and monitoring of risks taken by the various business lines, to ensure alignment with risk appetite and policies. At BNP Paribas, a well-developed risk management culture is based on a long-term vision, a committed management, and a strong and independent organisation.
Enterprise Risk Architecture (ERA) is a transversal stream within RISK focussed on risk analytics, modelling and industrialisation.
Within ERA, the RISK ERA SYSTEMS team (RS) focusses on risk methodologies implementation and related system aspects. It contributes to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions. RS supports with full commitment all ERA initiatives and actions.
RISK ERA Systems Operations is part of RISK ERA Systems and provides to its clients a range of services and products related to Market and Counterparty risk.
Service Transition, within RISK ERA Systems Operations, plans and coordinate the resources to establish successfully a new or changed service into production within the predicted cost, quality and time estimates. It ensures that all parties adopt the common framework of standard re-usable processes and supporting systems in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the integrated planning and coordination activities. It also provides clear and comprehensive plans that enable the customer and business change projects to align their activities with the Service Transition plans.
- Purpose: The analyst – User Services DEC will provide support to business users specifically on the DEC (Derivatives Execution and Clearing) activities and requirements for production and application services for Market and Counterparty Risk. Ensures that issues, risks and deviations are identified and reported to the appropriate stakeholders and decision makers promptly. Finally the analysts co-ordinates activities across projects and service teams where required.
- Scope: UK
Core accountabilities of role
- Establish the services around DEC activities/controls
- Provide operations requirements to the projects.
- Data analysis: Analyse risk data quality and remediate to data issues.
- Provide business support to users and act as second line/third line of support.
- Risk controls and certification: Provide daily sign-off on CCR (counterparty credit risks)
- Analyse changes and their impacts on operations services
- Ensure an adequate documentation and handover is provided to the analysts
- Provide expertise to meet service criteria and data quality from business
- Define and implement Service Validation and Testing criteria in the project in conjunction with Service Operations team (platform, production and application support teams)
- Provide costing as well as the analysis of Maintenance and Enhancement tasks.
- Able to work in agile delivery mode
- Contribute to build tools used for data analysis, data controls, monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to the continuous Improvement of the operations.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
· Education: Master degree in Finance / IT / Mathematics; Engineering
· Previous experience in the banking industry with a focus on Front office or Risk within a change function.
· Experience in the transition of IT deliveries from development into operations.
· Solid finance background with sound experience in risk management
· Good problem solving skills.
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Good organisation and time management abilities
· Project management basics.
· Understanding of ITIL framework.
· Must be able to thrive under pressure and co-ordinate the work of teams that are geographically dispersed
· Languages: English is essential. French is preferred.
· Team work: Know how to work in a team and across teams
· Accuracy: Attention to details and quality of deliverables
· Client focus: Understanding of customer service and provide client with appropriate solution.
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.