London – Apprenticeship Programme 2024 – Information Communications Technician
- Not applicable
Do you want to be part of the change? Then you’re in the right place. Our ambition is to build a sustainable future for our clients and our teams … but we can’t do that without you!
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a global provider of financial solutions to corporate and institutional clients. With more than 20.000 people in 57 countries across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia-Pacific and the Americas, we offer solutions tailored to all our clients across capital markets, financing, treasury and financial advisory.
We are “the bank for a changing world” and recently won the award for being the world’s best bank for sustainable finance. To play our part in accelerating the transition to a more sustainable energy by 2030, we’ve place the United Nations Sustainable Goals (SDG) at the heart of our business model. They impact the companies we do business with, the projects we finance and the people we invest in. We’re proud to be playing a leading role in guiding our clients towards responsible growth, and a lower-carbon economy, by co-creating financial solutions that align their business strategy with the SDG. We need more change agents – so join us today to help us with our mission!
At BNP Paribas, we see value in diversity, equal opportunity, and the quality of our lives together. That’s why the Group works daily with all its stakeholders to create an environment that is respectful of everyone, based on equality, and where fighting discrimination represents a primary goal.
Who will I be working with?
You will be working in the IT Client Services department as a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprentice.
IT Client Services is responsible for providing the business with their IT technology needs, the latest tooling strategy (with communication and deployment to the end user), as well as the operational IT support required to ensure that hardware continues to support the user needs. Key functions within the department consist of Onsite Support, Mobile Communications, Budget & Asset Management, BCM Technical Support, Moves & Changes. A priority for this role is to ensure the services provided to the business are stable, resilient and well-performing.
What will I be doing?
This role will be key in providing IT desktop and hardware support for trading, non-trading staff and the IT infrastructure environment; break/fix and tasked service; assisting the business with any IT related questions and issues, liaising closely with other on-site teams and Desktop Services Management to meet business objectives and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Level 1 & 2 hardware & software support for desktops, laptops, tablets, telecoms and mobile devices
- Software core build application support for lifecycle of current apps & new introductory apps
- Operating system support for Windows & IOS platforms
- Ensuring SLA’s are not breached and all administration tasks are within the accepted conduct and governance guidelines.
- Project work within UK Client Services scope
- Supporting internal moves – Surveys, ad-hoc moves, post moves support and project related moves
- Networking – Patching, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Perform PC builds, Application installation and reinstallation
- Monitor and proactively manage incidents, tasks, shared mail boxes and any telephone queries.
- Complete reporting activities, update worklogs and invoke escalation processes where needed for effective incident management.
- Provide support for Blackberry/iPhone devices and other mobility services such as wireless
- Act as an effective and helpful point of escalation.
What skills and qualifications are required for the role?
- GCSE Maths & English level 4 – 9 (grade A – C)
- A-levels, which are due to be completed in 2024 OR completed A-Levels in 2023
- Proficient in Windows/MS office and using messaging tools
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An interest in using a variety of technology tools
- A team player who is able to be flexible and respond quickly and proactively to changing needs and demands
Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Promote and work within the BNPP IT Security guidelines.
Duration: 13 months
Salary: £25,000 p.a. + award winning flexible benefits
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship role, please email us at BNPPApprenticeships@weareams.com