London – 2024 Long Term Internship – eGlobal Credit Primary
- Long Term Internship
- Not applicable
Who We Are
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview:
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rates, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 1,700 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
eGlobal Credit Primary is responsible for formulating and executing electronic issuance activities and the digital strategy of the Primary Credit business. The team maintains relationships with partners, vendors and FinTechs and advises the Credit business of the latest market-structure developments and technology shaping Primary Credit markets and new issuance trends globally. The team also manages key front-office and new issuance applications, digital initiatives and data infrastructure for Credit, supporting a close collaboration between the front-office and internal IT teams.
Key Responsibilities of role:
A self-motivated and independent person required for a long-term internship in the Credit business. Creativity and self-drive as well as strong quantitative and communication skills are essential.
The long-term intern will work within the eGlobalCredit team to assist with key Primary Credit digital activities. The internship will involve working across high-profile data infrastructure and application development initiatives which will require direct communication with a wide range of business stakeholders. The intern will also have the opportunity to be directly involved in the Product management process for key front-office applications including with internal marketing and helping with training and communication. Additionally, there will be chances to be a key part of cutting edge AI/LLM deployment within Credit including solution design, testing, idea generation and marketing.
This is an opportunity to shape key Primary Credit initiatives from the ground up and the potential to make a lasting impact in front-office capabilities. The role would involve direct front-office interaction and requires strong communication skills for understanding client needs and presenting new technology.
The ideal candidate would have a background in a technical/STEM field and experience working in markets, either at an investment bank or somewhere similar. Other relevant experience, however, will be considered. The candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to work with a geographically diverse team.
- Help shape data strategy and get hands-on with data projects
- Help team identify improvements to make to our systems and business processes
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and industry trends to inform digital strategy
- Contribute to digital product management efforts including internal marketing and training
- Understand requirements, solve technical problems, propose complete solutions
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Self-starter, keen to dig, prototype and try things out
- Creativity in visualization and presentation
- Strong in Python (or other languages with a willingness to learn Python)
- Interested in Machine learning, Large Language Models and Data Science
- Experience with data visualisation tools including Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI and data retrieval including SQL
- Professional experience working with Traders, Sales and Operations
- Energetic, motivated and determined
- Pragmatic and results-oriented
- Adaptable to diverse set of technical responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Productive and able to manage time effectively
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Start Date: ASAP
Length of Internship: 6-11 months