Loan & Debt Solutions Specialist – Associate (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
- Fixed Term
- OPERATION PROCESSING
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and a key player in international banking. We operate in 65 countries and employ 190,000 people, including nearly 145,000 in Europe. Our Group holds key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services; Investment & Protection Services; and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) for corporate and institutional clients.
Our Securities Services business, which forms part of CIB, is a leading global custodian providing specialist post-trade and asset servicing solutions to buy and sell-side market participants, corporates and issuers. Based in 35 locations around the world, our award-winning Securities Services teams have built one of the most extensive custody network in the industry, giving clients the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-changing world.
Loan & Debt Operations UK provides debt solution services across a variety of products, focusing primarily on the Direct Lending and Loan Fund markets. We provide a premier account administration service for Loan & Debt portfolios across a number of global clients.
• Be responsible for the Loan Solutions service provided to clients of Loan & Debt Operations UK. Providing oversight of Loan & Debt Solutions IOC Portugal’s service delivery and provision of Collateral Administration, change and client facing support locally.
• In the role, you will act as a combination of both the main and secondary UK based client contact for a portfolio of clients and will be a main contact for Loan Solutions Portugal to ensure the service delivery is of a high standard. You will represent an escalation point in the event of urgent and unresolved issues.
• Act as both main and secondary contacts for Client relationships on the Loan & Debt Solutions UK service delivery across both Loan & Debt Administrations platforms as required.
• Oversee the service delivery completed in Loan Solutions & Debt Solutions Portugal, ensuring the service is of a high standard and on time, monitoring in accordance with SLA and prevailing governance.
• Completion and/or oversight checks of Loan & Debt Solutions service delivery
• Manage any client queries or escalations ensuring appropriate actions are taken to resolve any service issues in a timely manner
• Monitor the overall service provision and ensure that monthly MIS complete in Portugal is accurate and a true reflection of the service delivery
• Apply existing policies and procedures and provide routine advice on their interpretation to clients. Create initial reports/analyses based on existing templates for review by more experienced colleagues.
• Accountable for delivering personal targets and objectives to support the performance of the team under general guidance from more experienced colleagues.
• Support the function by actively seeking opportunities to develop knowledge and expertise and to improve their understanding of the BNPP organisation both within the UK and more widely.
• Refer more complex and technical issues to more senior colleagues for resolution and advice in a timely manner, to ensure clients receive the appropriate level of support and service.
• Co-ordinate activity with other relevant Client Delivery departments and work streams to ensure the smooth delivery of operations processes and service levels in accordance with the established procedures and guidelines.
• Work alongside colleagues, Senior Specialists and Managers to contribute to enhancements, change controls and the on board of new business and service delivery
• Working with colleagues, Management and internal stakeholders to support onboarding of new funds across the Loan & Debt Solutions product portfolio.
• Maintain a production capability within the UK to complete Loan & Debt Solutions activity where necessary inclusive of potential RTB Loan Administration & Debt Administration activities.
• Maintain a full appreciation of the Loan & Debt Solutions service provided by LDO UK, understanding its impact and relevance and contributing to process improvement by future proofing issues
• Producing and maintaining localised Policies and Procedures.
• Train and develop new members of staff.
• Adherence to bank policies and compliance requirements.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills, deadline focused yet shows great attention to detail.
• Strong team player who shows initiative, accountability, and is able to self-motivate.
• Sound working knowledge of policies, procedures, regulations and legislation within client delivery and company-wide.
• Good written and oral English skills in order to articulate technical issues associated to work area.
• Able to coach and support colleagues in their performance and development.
• Computer literacy and a good knowledge of standard computer software and able to learn and utilise specialist applications appropriately.
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret legal documentation, such as Offering Circulars, Facilities Agreements etc.
• Understanding of loan trade documentation, transfer certificates, pricing letters etc.
• Prior experience of loan administration and good understanding of the loans market, and in particular bi-lateral loans, syndicated loans, loan funds including direct-lending.
• Direct Lending Leveraged Loan Fund Portfolios / CLOs
• Experience in Loan Closing
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.