HR Governance Specialist & Project Manager – Assistant Vice President (Fixed Term Contract)
- Fixed Term
- HUMAN RESOURCES
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
The UK CIB HR Department supports CIB staff and managers in London, providing them with a full range of strategic advisory and transactional services (in terms of payroll, reward, pension and benefits, recruitment, career management, learning & development and employee relations). In regular contact with the Group HR Department of BNP Paribas S.A. (headquartered in Paris), CIB HR is the entry point for all CIB employees on any HR issue. The team in London comprises of circa 70 HR professionals.
The HR Governance team is part of the wider HR Operations department and is responsible for monitoring, implementing and delivering key HR Governance topics and governance related transversal projects. The team is also responsible for managing the HR Administration System which is used by other group companies in the UK and 3 additional countries in the EMEA region.
The role is responsible for monitoring, implementing and delivering key HR Governance topics and governance related transversal projects as agreed with the Head of HR Governance & Systems. The role is a UK role covering CIB and Group Functions.
This role may be carried out within a range of experience depending on the development of knowledge and skills in the role and the role-holder’s ability to work with increased autonomy.
- Monitor, implement and deliver HR Governance processes as agreed which can include for example background screening, HR procurement, HR controls and risk management, HR business continuity management, HR policy and procedures, HR Committee paper preparation, HR operational incident tracker, audit support (internal and external):
- Support the Head of HR Governance and Systems or the UK HR COO with other topics as required.
- Act as Project Manager or as a key project team member on transversal HR projects as agreed (whether local, CIB or Group led).
- Plan, manage and implement agreed projects from contract/proposal and initiation to final execution stage.
- Partner with the business, HR team and other stakeholders to determine business and HR requirements and to propose local HR projects or platform enhancements.
- Maintain consistent project management approaches and tools across projects.
- Excellent written and oral English skills in order to articulate technical issues and to be able to take the complex and make simple to enable effective communication with individuals across the business.
- Organisation, prioritisation and planning skills with high attention to detail and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Stakeholder management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Extensive Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Reporting experience – used to work with a large amount of data
- Previous experience working in a HR environment
- Adaptable to changing situation
- Confident with training various HR team members.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Formal external qualification/accreditation in project management methodology advantageous
- Experience with HR Administration systems
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas London Branch, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.