Group Lead Buyer – Market Data – Vice President
- Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Procurement & Performance is a Group function whose objective is both to create value and to control costs by improving the efficiency and robustness of the ecosystem linked to the Group’s external suppliers and partners. The Group Function and its channel are responsible in particular for all the Group’s external expenditure (approximately EUR 10 billion). In this context, it works closely with the business lines and functions to support them in their procurement of goods and services and obtain the best combination of quality/cost/risk throughout the Source to Pay process (from the development of the resource strategy to the payment of goods and services). It thus participates in value chain analysis to identify the most appropriate resource strategies (Make, Buy or Share).
As Global Lead Buyer Market Data, you will be responsible for optimizing the expenditure base(approximately EUR 300 Million) on the procurement segments under your responsibility, for all BNP Paribas entities, in accordance with the Group’s rules of conduct applicable to relations with suppliers.
This role may be carried out within a range of experience depending on the development of knowledge and skills in the role and the role-holder’s ability to work with increased autonomy.
- Lead high-stakes procurement cases
- Define or contribute to a procurement strategy and action plan on the subjects entrusted to you by working with the various players within the Bank.
- Contribute in structuring the Purchasing Market Data, in particular by building and deploying the tools needed to develop a structured purchasing approach.
- Contribute to the structuring or advisory procurement missions.
- Contribute to the deployment of BNP PARIBAS Procurement governance and the monitoring of its proper application by providing support and advice to local teams.
- Analyse and challenge the needs of internal clients and provide them with your procurement expertise while ensuring compliance with the Group’s rules of conduct applicable to relations with suppliers. Depending on the files, take charge of the end-to-end Purchasing process by being personally in charge of major projects, closely linked to the business or acting only as an advisor on specific aspects (Financial, Regulatory Legal).
- Monitor the market on a regular basis, in order to identify the suppliers best suited to the needs of the Market Data category and ensure the overall relationship with the Market data suppliers in conjunction with the business teams that maintain the operational relationship.
Proven experience in a Buyer role of Market Data for a Financial Institution
– Organisation of the company
– Knowledge of the organisation BNP Paribas
– Community management
– Ability to conduct negotiations
– Ability to anticipate business / strategic developments
– Ability to understand, explain and drive change
– Client oriented
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas London Branch, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.