Cash & Banking Manager (Birmingham – GPA Client Finance)
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Ensuring that all Cash and Banking services are delivered to a consistently high standard and to the service levels required by the Client;
- Managing and leading activities within the Cash and Banking team to ensure a high performing, efficient and effective finance function and being responsible overall for the full service;
- Managing, overseeing and delivering the allocation of cash received, identifying the source funds and ensuring all sums received are posted to the correct accounts with 24 hours of receipt. Resolving unidentifiable items and reviewing and clearing bank reconciliations;
- Payments made in a timely manner and ensuing that under no circumstances the bank account balances are overdrawn;
- Advising surveyors, Clients and team members on the most appropriate actions;
- Be responsible for any cash and banking software and file outputs and inputs;
- Ensuring contractual compliance across the team, including SLAs and KPIs are achieved on behalf of BNPPRE;
- Continuously improving processes for market leading best practise financial management and in accordance with all relevant legislation; and Contributing to the fee generation and cost savings of the Client Finance team
- Oversee recruitment, retention and career development of employees to develop committed, client focussed teams;
- Act as a mentor and role model to the Cash and Banking team members in their day to day activities.
- Provide coaching and support the team to ensure appropriate levels of performance and technical skills are maintained.
- Establishing and implementing departmental and team targets, setting objectives for the team, ensuring that they are communicated clearly and effectively, and that individual performance by team members against these objectives is monitored, measured and managed;
- Design and implement the departmental control framework and delegation policy relevant to their areas;
- Work with internal audit and compliance to ensure that all compliance and control requirements are met; and
- Participate in and monitor the effectiveness of controls of activities performed by the team
- Identifies and helps progress new business opportunities both in and outside own discipline.
- Builds own network internally and externally;
- Able to work on a broad range of projects, referring to senior colleagues/ external specialists on highly unusual or technical issues;
- Qualified in a recognised cash and banking or accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA).
- GCSE level qualifications including Maths and English;
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience of leading a cash and banking team within in a property management or similar environment;
- Considerable practical experience in client monies management, financial operations and associated processes and controls;
- Tenacious, presentable, assertive, adaptable, self-aware and self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a professional manner;
- Conscientious and highly focussed, with detailed understanding of client monies and an appreciation of data protection issues;
- Good people management, interpersonal and mentoring skills, with demonstrable experience of leading teams;
- Committed to the provision of excellent customer service and to meeting deadlines;
- Commercially astute, innovative and solutions oriented;
- Organised and methodical, able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively, whilst also able to manage multiple projects; and
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience of property management and accounting packages for managing agents (ideally Trace Tramps, or similar packages such as Yardi Propware / Voyager, Qube Horizon) would be a distinct advantage.
We are proud to offer award-winning benefits to support and reward our employees:
- Health & Leisure: Private medical cover, 25 days annual leave + public holidays (the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), health screening, gym discounts, wellbeing support, volunteering opportunities, cycle to work scheme, eye care voucher, travel & retail discounts, travel insurance, concierge service, kids pass, open fairways golf card, great company culture and social events (including sports teams, charity events, art pass), perks at work
- Financial: Pension, life assurance at 8 x basic salary, group income protection, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, bonus scheme – you will be eligible to participate in the Company’s Bonus Scheme, share incentive plan, financial and mortgage advice
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index