London 26 September 2018 – BNP Paribas today unveils Markets 360, its rebranded and reorganised research platform which will go live this month.
Markets 360 – so called because it provides a 360⁰ view of the market across all asset classes, around the world – will provide clients with the following:
- Event-driven content: delivering commentaries based on events and market movements to clients
- In-depth thematic notes: bringing economic and strategy notes together to provide both fundamental and market views, across asset-classes
- Advanced navigation: Interactive Global Trade Tool (iGT2) enabling clients to visualise US trade balance data by country and product
The new platform is formed of four core areas:
- Emerging Markets (EM)
- Global Macro (encompassing developed markets & China Economics, FX, Equity Derivatives and Rates Strategy)
- Macro Quantitative & Derivative Strategy
- Credit Strategy & Desk Analysts.
BNP Paribas also announces the following new roles in Markets 360, effective immediately:
- Olivia Frieser, formerly head of Global Markets Research, is appointed Global Head of Markets 360.
- Marcelo Carvalho, formerly Head of Latin America Economic Research, is appointed Head of Global Emerging Markets Research, reporting to Olivia Frieser. He will be based in London.
- Michael Sneyd, formerly Global Head of FX Strategy, is appointed Head of Macro Quantitative & Derivatives Strategy, reporting to Olivia Frieser and Joe Bonnaud, Global Head of Quantitative Research. He will be based in London.
- José Carlos de Faria is appointed Head of Latin America Economic Research, based in São Paulo. José joins from Deutsche Bank where he served as Chief Brazil Economist.
- Gabriel Gersztein is appointed Head of Global Emerging Markets Strategy, based in São Paulo.
Both José Carlos and Gabriel will report to Marcelo Carvalho and to Ricardo Guimaraes, Head of Global Markets Latin America & Brazil.
Olivia Frieser, Global Head of Markets 360, said: “The launch of Markets 360 reaffirms our commitment to delivering market-leading research to clients in the most integrated and holistic way possible. In today’s MiFID II environment, Markets 360 is also about how we leverage and deploy our own talent.”
Alexandra Umpleby firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)20 7595 2436
Sarisher Mann email@example.com +44 (0)20 7595 8150
Simon Danaher firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)20 7595 9108
BNP Paribas CIB on Twitter – @BNPParibasCIB
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas employs more than 9,000 people across 10 business lines in the UK. These include Corporate & Institutional Banking, Exane BNP Paribas, Leasing Solutions, Arval, Real Estate (including Strutt & Parker acquired in September 2017), Asset Management, Cardif Pinnacle, Commercial Finance, Personal Finance and Vauxhall Finance. Around half of its employees are in Corporate & Institutional Banking, based in London, while the others are based in various offices across the country, including Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, Manchester.